I missed Thankful Thursday last week, because I was in Portland and didn’t have as much time for blogging as I thought I would. For those of you new around here, Thankful Thursday is where I list everything I’m thankful for this week. It’s a way for me to see the positive in my life, even if something is bothering me. This week I am thankful for:
1. The weather in Portland last week. It was just the break I needed. We have been suffering through an extra hot summer here in NYC, so 75 degree days in Portland were AMAZING. It helped to re-energize me, so I’ll be able to get through the rest of the sweltering summer here.
2. New opportunities. I can’t quite go into detail yet, but I’ve been presented with some new opportunities on the business front, and I am so excited about them. I can’t wait to share all the details. I have been forced to take a good, hard look at myself and my business, and find some inner confidence in my abilities that I didn’t know was even there. I am jumping into something that completely terrifies me, but I’d be stupid not to jump. I want to challenge myself, and I’ll finally have the chance, and it is so exciting and awesome!!
3. Baking. In all the craziness of the past few months, I found myself putting aside the things I enjoy in order to concentrate on all the things that Must Get Done. My favorite hobby has always been baking. (I think if I weren’t a photographer, I would want to be a pastry chef.) But I haven’t done any baking at all in a few months. Sunday I made a really fantastic pineapple upside down cake, at the prodding of John, and I realized how much I missed baking, and how bummed I was that I had put my hobbies to the side in favor of work/wedding planning/etc. I had gotten myself on a path to BURNOUTSVILLE, and that is no good. So baking is back, taking my mind off all the other stresses in my life.
4. Photographers that share their knowledge, freely and willingly. I have met/talked to some great photographers lately, who were so giving of their knowledge, and that is so cool. We’re all in this together, and it bums me out when photographers are unwilling to share and help others. So coming across so many people lately who have been all about giving back has been so wonderful.
5. Blog readers who have filled out my survey! If you haven’t yet, please do. It literally takes two minutes, and you could win a fine art print from my Etsy shop in the process. I really appreciate the feedback!
What are you thankful for this week?