It’s no secret that Sephora is pretty much my favorite store. When I go in there, buy something, and they scan my points card, even the cashiers say, “Whoa, you have a lot of points.” I always love it when people talk about their favorite hair and make-up products, and I’ve even found some of my own favorite products that way. I thought it would be fun to do a round up of my favorite hair and skin products that I can’t live without. It took me a really long time to find stuff that worked for my combination skin, but now I’m really loyal to what I use. I’ve made a huge effort to start taking really good care of my skin now, because dammit, I want my skin to still to look awesome when I’m 65. So these are the products that I just can’t live without…
1. Bumble & Bumble Quenching Complex: This stuff is AH-MAZING. I recently put ombre highlights in my hair, so the tips are blonde and slowly fades to dark brown as it goes up to the roots. I love it, but it definitely fried my hair. My stylist sent me home with this stuff, and it’s kind of amazing. It’s basically a leave in conditioner for really fried hair, and I only use it on the bottom where my hair is blonde. It makes it look so much healthier and it smells incredible. You really only need to use a dab, so I’m told this bottle will last me forever.
2. Kiehl’s Line Reducing Concentrate: This one is kind of a splurge, but it also lasts foreverrrr. This product is insane. It is basically topical Vitamin C, and you put it on before your regular moisturizer or make-up. (Vitamin C is your skin’s best friend.) I just put it around my eyes and forehead where I have lines, and it makes my skin look so much better.
3. Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer: I just cannot wear foundation – it’s too heavy for my very fair skin. I looked for years for the perfect tinted moisturizer – most were too light – but this one is just perfect. I will never use anything else ever again. First of all, it has an SPF, which is important for everyone, but especially important for someone who works outside a lot of the time. It evens out my skin tone without feeling heavy or greasy. I am obsessed.
4. Stila Eye Shadow: I have a couple of different palettes, but the In the Light Palette is my favorite. Stila just goes on really nicely, and I can use it for eye shadow or eye liner if I use the right brush. I also really love Stila because when you buy a palette it comes with a little lookbook of all the ways you can mix and match the colors.
5. Urban Decay Primer: I put this on before I put on my tinted moisturizer, and it makes my make-up last so much longer than it should. It is especially amazing on hot days when I’m shooting, and I feel like my make-up is going to melt. This stuff seriously keeps my make-up looking good all day long. Pair it with Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray, and your make-up isn’t going anywhere until you wash it off.
So what products can you not live without? I’d love to hear!