How is tomorrow August 1st?! August is the month I’ve been looking forward to all year… lots of great weddings with clients I love, I’m going to Jeff Newsom‘s workshop upstate, John and I are getting dressed up in our 1920’s best and going to the Jazz Age Lawn Party, the final season of my favorite show ever – Breaking Bad – starts, and oh yeah… I turn 30 and then head off to Australia at the end of the month. This year has been crazy and stressful and overwhelming in a lot of ways, so I’m looking forward to a month of a bunch of fun/exciting things.
But before we can dive into the awesomeness that will (hopefully) be August, I have quite a few things I need to update you on and announce! So here is what’s going on behind the scenes.
- I am going to go ahead and open up bookings for early 2014. I have been holding off, because I just wasn’t sure what life was going to look like for us next year, but I’m ready to start booking for January to May of 2014. (I’ll open up the rest of the year in early November, so if your elopement is any time after June 1, 2014 – contact me in early November. Unless you are having a destination elopement outside of NYC, in which case, you can go ahead and book now.) 2014 elopement packages start at $1300. Please contact me for a full price list.
- And speaking of destination elopements, I am still waiving travel fees for any elopement taking place somewhere I’ve never photographed before. One person has taken me up on that offer, so I’d still love to waive travel fees for two more elopements. Just let me know when and where in the world your wedding is, and I am there!
- I still have two spots available for my mini sessions in Sydney, Australia on Friday, September 6th. Let me know if you’re interested in snagging one of those!
- I am thinking about doing some traveling this spring and opening up mini session dates in a couple of different cities. However, I need your help! Before I make any official plans/announcements, I want to find out from YOU where I should go! I was thinking about someplace in Canada, two places in the US, and possibly one place overseas. So… where should I open up some mini session dates this spring? Please take this short survey and let me know your thoughts! And then let’s make it happen! I’m going to keep the survey open for a few weeks, and then I’ll make an announcement.
- And finally… the best, most exciting news I have is that the new website and my new branding will be launching sometime in September!! I have been working with the incredible Braizen, and they have been bringing my vision to life in a way that is so much better than I could have ever imagined. (I seriously cannot recommend them highly enough.) I think you guys are going to love the new Katie Jane Photography, so I wanted to leave you with the tiniest of sneak peeks: