There’s a lot going on in my life right now – wedding season, my epic rebranding project, working on getting my collective up and running, some personal changes I’ve been making. It feels like this summer is going to be one of those that I look back on and mark as a turning point in my life and a turning point for the business. And although I turn 30 in a little over a month, it’s really only coincidental that all of these changes are coming now. Coincidental, but appropriate – I like when things line up tidily that way. It really feels like the end of a chapter, and the beginning of something new for my life and my business. It is kind of scary, but it feels really good.
Business wise, this is the year Katie Jane Photography grows up. Starting a business is weird. And although I don’t have any kids, I always imagine it to be like having a baby. All of the sudden you have this little thing, and you don’t know what it’s going to be or where it’s going to go, but you just work really hard to take care of it and hope for the best. (I know, I know. Parents are rolling their eyes at my analogy. Hush.) Slowly it starts to stand on its own two feet. Suddenly it’s growing in ways you never expected, taking you places you couldn’t imagine. And then one day you look at it and you barely recognize it at all – this thing you created from nothing is actually strong and thriving. And you try to remember how you got here, but it’s sort of lost in a blur of sleepless nights.
I always joked that the ultimate goal of this business was world domination. But now I’m not joking anymore. It’s the next logical step. It’s what I’ve secretly dreamed about, worked toward, and toyed with a little half-assedly. And it feels like now or never. This was my big “What If…” this year, and I haven’t taken any concrete steps toward it. Now it’s time to really take this show on the road.
So in the vein of new adventures and new beginnings, I have two awesome announcements today! First of all, I am officially booking Australian mini sessions now. I’ve had such a huge response from my Australian clients, so I figured it was time to get things rolling. I had to get my ducks in a row, but now I’m ready to begin taking bookings. Secondly, I will be waiving all travel fees for three destination elopements. Yep – zero travel fees, whether your wedding is in the Caribbean or Paris or California. I will shoot it for the same price as if you were getting married in NYC. (See details below.)
Australian Mini Sessions
- Date: Friday, September 6, 2013
- Time: 8am to 11am
- Place: Sydney, Australia (specific location TBD)
- Cost: $300USD
- Details: There will be five mini session slots available. Each session will last 30 minutes. (As always, returning clients are eligible for the returning client discount.) To book, please email me at Katie [at] KatieJanePhoto [dot] com or send me a note through my contact form.
A One Time Destination Elopement Discount
My main goal is to begin shooting more destination elopements, and in that spirit, I have decided to waive all travel fees for the first three destination elopements that book. That means even if you’re getting married overseas, I will shoot your destination elopement for the same cost as if you were getting married in New York City. It’s a pretty amazing discount.
- This discount is eligible to anyone getting married someplace I have never photographed a wedding before (so elopements in New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Mexico, Washington D.C., Pennsylvania, and Utah are ineligible, unfortunately. ANYWHERE else in the world is eligible! Yay!)
- The waiver will be given on a first come, first serve basis.
- Your wedding should be an intimate elopement/wedding, with no more than 20 guests.
- Your wedding must be taking place between November 2013 and November 2014.
- To inquire about packages, ask questions or book, please email me at Katie [at] KatieJanePhoto [dot] com or send me a note through my contact form.
So let’s do this. It’s time to start chasing dreams for real. It’s time for world domination!